Death can happen anywhere, anytime and to anyone.
A death that occurred during an oversea trip makes things even more challenging and complicated than usual for the bereaved family.
The bereaved family will immediately be exposed to additional challenges like having to handle with unfamiliar systems and rules in a foreign country, communications with the relevant foreign authorities where the death occurred, arrangements to have the funeral done overseas or repatriating the deceased’s body back home.
Having engaged a Repatriation Funeral Service during this period of extreme turmoil to help with all the massive and tiny arrangements and logistics required to bring the body whether inbound or outbound of Singapore, will make sure that the whole process is smoothly and professionally carried out.
Inbound Repatriation for a Singapore Citizen/ Permanent Resident who died outside of Singapore?
- The first thing to do is to get in touch with the nearest Singapore Overseas Mission in that country where your loved one died or the Ministry of Foreign Affairs Singapore to notify the death of a Singaporean overseas.
- The next-of-kin would need to confirm if the deceased had bought a Travel Insurance which covers Death and Repatriation of remains and contact the Travel Insurance immediately if there is. The repatriation benefits from the Travel Insurance can help with covering the high cost of transporting the remains of the deceased back to home country which will help lessen the emotional and financial stress of the bereaved family.
- Arrangements on which next-of-kin to travel overseas for identifying the body and for collecting the deceased’s personal belongings. Inform the Embassy of this next-of-kin’s personal particulars, flight details and bring along a valid document as proof of relationship to the deceased (e.g. birth certificate or marriage certificate).
- Appoint a local funeral director where your loved one died and a funeral director in the home country as repatriating a loved one will require the services from both countries. As the repatriation experts, we at Ang Brothers Funeral Services will liaise with the necessary authorities to bring your loved one home.
At Ang Brothers Funeral Services Pte Ltd, our Repatriation Funeral Package covers a basic transportation casket, professional cosmetology service and embalming, to ensure that the body is hygienic and meet all port clearance requirements. We issue the sealing and embalming certificates directly. Our Company is well associated with counterparts in all embassies, and we ensure that all necessary endorsements are done at the shortest time, even on public holidays.
We tie-up with most international airlines and we get acceptance easily. Ang Brothers Funeral Services Pte Ltd is also the only company in Singapore to fly a G200 private jet into Singapore. Due to our connections, we do things seamlessly, giving the families peace of mind. Repatriation Services is no longer expensive when you engage the correct company. Call us now to find out more at our 24 hour hotline +65 8265 0301.
- Decide for burial or cremation to be done at the country where your loved on died or back at home country. Some countries permit loved one to be cremated and arrange for their ashes to be flown home. You will have to check the nearest Embassy’s guidelines about any local restrictions and the airline’s own guidelines and restrictions. A Coffin (import) Permit is required to import a body into Singapore should you decide to have your loved one be brought back to Singapore for burial or cremation. As a Trusted Repatriation Service Partner, we can assist you on the arrangements and procedures. https://www.funeralservicessingapore.com.sg/repatriation-services-singapore/
You will have to inform the Embassy and the appointed funeral director overseas in advance should you wish to travel on the same flight as the casket so that arrangements can be made as there are certain policies and restrictions to abide to.
- Essential documents are to be prepared and available for facilitating clearance of casket into Singapore. These documents together with a Letter of Authorization are to be translated to English and should be provided to the appointed undertaker in Singapore. The appointed undertaker in Singapore will be assisting with the applying for an import permit from the National Environment Agency in Singapore for the importation of the body into Singapore.
List of Documents Required for Repatriation:
- Death Certificate
- Embalming Certificate
- Sealing Certificate
- Coffin Export Permit
- Cremation Certificate
- Once returned to Singapore, the next-of-kin will have to personally report the death of the deceased at the Immigration and Checkpoints Authority of Singapore, Registry of Births & Deaths, Citizen Centre.
- Deciding what type of funeral service to hold for your loved one.
- Some family members may want to hold a funeral wake for the bereaved family and friends to pay their farewell and respect to the deceased loved one upon reaching Singapore. There are different types of funeral services available such as a Buddhist funeral services, Taoist funeral services, Catholic funeral services, Christian funeral services, Soka funeral services, Free thinker funeral services and Direct funeral services.
At Ang Brothers Funeral Services, we ensure fair and reasonable pricing on all our Funeral Packages. The loss of a loved one brings sorrow to the family of the deceased. While we will provide professional care for the final journey of your loved one, our funeral packages are priced in the most reasonable rate, without compromising on the quality of our funeral services.
With over 50 years of experience, our team is well trained and well versed with all funeral customs and traditions in Singapore, catering to all the major religious beliefs for the final journey. This makes our funeral packages one of the top in Singapore.
To understand and choose your preferred Funeral Service and Package for your loved one, you can find out more on our website at https://www.funeralservicessingapore.com.sg/funeral-packages/ or contact us at our 24 hour hotline to enquire and we will be happy to assist.